Chios island, lying at the crossroads of East and West, with the islets Oinousses and Psara, is a trademark of authentic holiday destination.
- Α well preserved natural environment and a landscape with dramatic changes
- Αn extensive network of medieval villages, castles and watchtowers
- Α high quality of life based on the local culture (combination of the culture of mastiha, the maritime tradition and the locals’ cosmopolitan attitude)
- Remote secluded beaches with turquoise and green waters
- Hiking trails in mountainous, forest and agricultural areas
- Unique local products and excellent local cuisine
- Hospitable people
- A vibrant nightlife
Did you know?
- Chios is known as the birthplace of Homer, the great poet of the Iliad and the Odyssey
- The Mastiha Tree (Pistachia lentiscus var. Chia) grows only in the south part of the island and produces the unique in the world Chios natural mastiha, an aromatic resin with uses that range from cosmetics to pastry making, and from medicine to pharmaceutics.
Get ready and pack your bags then, and don’t forget that once you visit Chios, you will always return to the island of Homer and Mastiha.
Chios is an island for the traveller that seeks different experiences.
- Explore the breathtaking coastline by sea kayak or canoe
- Sail to the nearby islands, Oinousses and Psara, by sailing boat and a licensed skipper
- Dive and enjoy Chios sea treasures
- Discover rare wildflowers and wild orchids
- Delve into the ancient knowledge of mastiha cultivation through special agriculture programmes
- Cycle around Kampos and Mastiha villages
- Based in Volissos or Kardamyla village, enjoy the dramatic northern Chios landscape by hiking on organized trails through NATURA 2000 areas
- Relax at Agiasmata thermal baths
- Taste local products by taking a guided winetasting tour at local wineries and signing up for cooking lessons
- Visit the Cave of Olympoi and Agio Galas for an exciting travel in time
- Dance through the night with the locals at a traditional panigyri in the village square